Thursday, May 17, 2012

So last night I was at the Nickelback concert here in Calgary.  I had bought the tickets months ago as a birthday present for the BF (btw, BF for me is boyfriend, not best friend, lol) and a few great friends also came with us.  The concert was great, I was just a little off myself with a 6pm start with the sun still shining outside; it just felt weird to be at a rock concert to me in the middle of the day.  The opening acts My Darkest Days, Seether and Bush were are great and I do like all of the bands but clearly Nickelback was the big draw as the dome was maybe only at 50% capacity until they hit the stage.  There are many Nickelback haters out there; I'm not even sure why to be honest?!  Especially Nickelback haters in Alberta, and this part of Alberta...hello?!  Not to take anything away at all from all the other amazing Canadian artists from Celine Dion to Bryan Adams to Justin Bieber (not my cup of tea on the Bieber part but I am also not his target audience!) but in all seriousness; Nickelback is not only Canadian, Not only Albertan but OUR part of Alberta and as far as I am concerned they are extremely talented.  I have been a fan from day 1 long before they were getting radio play every hour on major stations on over the world, I enjoy their music and lyrics in general, I can personalize with more than 1 of their songs and hell; they actually sound as good live as they do on the radio!  That right there is worth it's weight in gold for me.  I have been to soooo many concerts where it is a huge disappointment to realize the band/singer has been edited to death in the recording studio to the point it does not even sound liek the same band/person live.  Kind of like how you see those photo shop tutorials where they take a middle age woman next door like myself perhaps and a photoshop wizard makes me look like a bloody centerfold 10 years younger!  This was not my 1st Nickelback concert nor will it be my last and once again I am proud they are from my part of the world, actually sound like Nickelback live and they put on another great show here last night in Calgary.

No comments:

Post a Comment